Why CTB Rocks
How to Play
Action Quake:Espionage Scenario Development
The Scenario Depot, a good place to get started with Espionage scripting. It hasn't been updated in a while, but it has many scenarios and tips for scenario creation.
How-To's are not available in this version of AQ:E. How-To scenarios may be available in the future releases of AQ:E--if someone wants to write 'em up who knows the scripting language, eh. However, there are scenario templates. If you know a little bit about coding, it should be incredibly easy to figure it out.
You should check out the automated Espionage Scenario Maker made by Blaze included with the AQ:ETE 4.6b support package. You can find this program along with some example scenario files and information in your /quake2/action/devel/ directory.
The templates go as follows:
- This is the template you would use to make scenarios that contain the info_flag_team1 and info_flag_team2 spawn functions (AQ:E uses those spawn points to spawn the flags
example maps: blockwar, ctbcity
- This is the template you would use to make scenarios that do NOT contain info_flag_team1 and info_flag_team2 spawn functions. This requires a little bit more work; any map that is out there can be scripted for AQ:E
- This is the template you would use to make scenarios for Escort the VIP
- This is the template you would use to make scenarios for One Flag Capture
- This is the template you would use to make scenarios for Assassinate the Leader
- This is the template you would use to make scenarios for Find, Retrieve/Defend
- To find the exact location (this is needed for force-spawning stuff) on a map. simple go into console and type 'viewpos' it will give you your X, Y, and Z position. Copy those down. It should look like:
( 31 -494 20 ) : 349
The numbers in the parentheses are important! Also, if you want to comment stuff out, simply put a // on the line you want AQ:E to skip over (good for debugging).